Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals for the 2023/2024 Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards for Africans across their four host institutes. Interested individuals are advised to read through the eligibility conditions and see how to apply.
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Pan African University/African Union.
Host Institution(s): Pan African University Institutes
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Master and PhD)
Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes listed below. Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Reasons to join PAU:
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments.
Pan African University Institutes.
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences- including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences -including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
Eligibility conditions for the 2023/2024 Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards are broken down in categories as follows;
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes;
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email adress and whatsapp number) (*Mandatory).
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes:
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions;
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre- selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
You May Like: World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024
- How-to-Apply: All applications should be completed online at https://www.au-pau.org/submission/
- then reach the support through: email@example.com
- The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Application Deadline: 10 September 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details