International students are attracted to Australia because of the country’s emphasis on scientific research and also being that the country is at the forefront of new technological developments and innovations. However, as a foreign student, the cost of funding one’s educational career in a strange land can be very daunting. Therefore, it is important to seek out Cheap Universities in Australia that are high-ranking and yet affordable and within reach to a foreign student with limited funding options.
In addition to choosing relatively affordable schools, there also abound numerous Scholarships in Australia which can be accessed by international students and as a consequence, makes studying in Australia a cheap adventure for international students.
Should I Even Think of Choosing Australia?
The choice of Australia as a study destination is totally dependent on the individual making the choice. However what might be seen as the right answer would depend on the following points;
- The Australian education sector comprises world-leading education institutions, first-class training facilities, and exceptional lecturers and student support services. It is known over the years for setting international educational standards for excellence.
- In recent independent global rankings of Times Higher Education, QS and Shanghai Rankings, a handful number of Australian institutions have always made the list of the world’s top 100 universities.
- Studying in Australia comes with many benefits to international students knowing that Australia offers world-class education with rich educational and research initiatives, laid-back nature, friendly disposition and high standard of living.
- There is also the study and work system in place for international students coming to Australia to study, I guess this has form the basis of choice for most international students T
- And now the most interesting part – There are relatively Cheap Universities in Australia for Foreign Students in addition to numerous scholarships by government, companies, philanthropies and institutions awarded to international students yearly based on need.
Benefits of Studying in Australia
I will always like to say that the number one benefit of studying in Australia is the funding programs in place which makes most students study absolutely for free. Programs such as these 10 Most Desired Australia Scholarships for foreign students to study in Australia. Other benefits would include, but not limited to;
1. Globally Ranked Institution
Australian education institutions have been ranked top in the world’s top universities year after year. As a foreign student, this is a great boost to one’s morale as graduates from Australian schools are highly sought after due to the impressive international reputation of the Australian education system.
2. Cost of Living
Australia’s standard of living is amongst the highest in the world. Living expenses are considerably lower in Australia than they are in the United States and the UK. Foreign students are able to work part time while studying, allowing them to offset their living costs.
3. Diversity of Education
Australian institutions offer a wide variety of courses and degrees and this is of great concern to foreign students as they will be looking out for schools that meets their needs and interests.
4. Work Experience
There are several valuable skills and experiences to gain if you choose to study in Australia. International students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours weekly while in their studies in Australia, thus offering them the opportunity to earn money to offset living expenses as well as gain work experience in their fields of interest while they study.
List of Some Cheap Universities in Australia
These are few selected schools in Australia which charges relatively low tuition for international students studying in Australia. This is based on per annum or per semester tuition fees charged by these institutions. Note: The fee information presented here might change and might not represent the exact and current charges of the schools listed.
University of Wollongong
- Average undergraduate fees: AUD 14,000 (USD $10,100)
- Average graduate fees: AUD 8,000 (USD $5,700)
The University of Wollongong is a public research university located in the coastal city of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. The university is a leading global university, powered by its people, partnerships and communities ranked among the best 20 modern universities in the world. This is one of the Cheap Universities in Australia for International students.
- Average Undergraduate fee: AUD 22,000 (USD $15,800)
- Average Graduate Fee: AUD 12,500 (USD $8,900)
Federation University is one of Australia’s oldest universities known for its future-focused approach to teaching and learning across higher education and TAFE with campuses located across Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera. The University prides itself in the desire to transform lives and enhance communities through research. The university has a diverse community with over 18,500 domestic and international students and 118,000 alumni across Australia and the world.
Charles Darwin University
- Average Undergraduate Fee: AUD 25,000 (USD 18,000)
- Average Graduate Fee: AUD 15,000 (USD 10,800)
Charles Darwin University (CDU) has been recognized by Times Higher Education as one of the elite global group of ‘rising stars’. It is among the top 100 university globally for quality education and one of Australia’s best university for graduate employment outcomes. CDU believes in the transformative power of training, education and research to change people’s lives for the better. It also ensures that students build essential skills for success in academic pursuits, their work and their lives beyond CDU.
Undergraduate tuition fees is from AUD 25,000 (USD 18,000) per year while graduate tuition fees is from AUD 15,000 (USD 10,800) per year.
Western Sydney University
- Average Undergraduate Fee: AUD 26,000 (USD $18,700)
- Average Graduate Fee: AUD 14,000 (USD $10,100)
Western Sydney University is one of Australia’s leading institutions, ranked in the top 250 universities globally, located in the Greater Western Region of Sydney, Australia. It is a world-class university with a growing international reach and reputation for academic excellence and impact-driven research. The university boast of an outstanding range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research options across 10 campuses in Greater Western Sydney.
University of Divinity
- Average Tuition fee: AUD 14,688 (USD $10,400)
The University of Divinity delivers education and research in theology, philosophy and spirituality and for over 100 years has prepared its graduates for ministry, leadership and community service. The University is constantly ranked by students as the top University in Australia for student satisfaction and learner engagement, reflecting the high quality of its curriculum and the dedication of staff.
Admission Requirements for Australian Universities
There are certain requirements to be met by international students seeking admission into these affordable universities in Australia. However, these requirements differ slightly from one university to another. But these basic requirements must be met generally before being admitted to a university in Australia:
- Academic certificates: Students are to supply proof of their previous academic certificates before they can be admitted into an Australian university. These certificates should be recognized globally as being original with official stamps and signatures.
- Proof of English language proficiency: Some applicants will be required to supply proof of English language proficiency, if English language is not their official language of communication.
- Official Transcripts: Certified true copies of all academic transcripts will be required for admission into a program in any Australian institution of higher learning.
- Recommendation letters: This is important in other to access the ability of the student in completing tasks and assignments.
You May Like: How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships in 2023
How-to-Apply: Applying for admission into an Australian University requires that one submit all the required information and documents to avoid being disqualified. The following steps will guide students seeking to study abroad in an Australian educational institution:
Step 1: Choose your course and preferred institution
It is important that student put in a little more effort to research their preferred course of study which will guide them in choosing institutions that offers such as one of their programs. Carefully consider the specialty area of interest and choose the area that best suit your intended career path.
Step 2: Apply
Once you have decided on your course of study and choice institution, you can then proceed to apply for admission taking note of the application window available. Before applying, ensure that you go through the admission requirements for the specific course to be sure that you are eligible.
Step 3: Wait for your application to be processed
While applying ensure that you supply your correct contact information which will be used to reach out to you once your admission has been processed. Once your preferred institution receives your application, it will be assessed and you will be notified of the outcome.
Step 4: Acceptance of Admission offer
If your application for admission is successful, you will be given an offer letter and an acceptance form. Carefully read the offer letter and ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions before you accept the offer. Make sure that you accept the admission within the stipulated time to avoid loosing the admission.