Amongst all the choices of international students, Australia happens to be one of the most talked about and also one of the most preferred study destinations. However, just like every other top study destination, it can be quite expensive when going self-sponsored! This write-up will give you tips on how to study with fully funded scholarships in Australia.
Why is Australia good for studies? Topping the list of reasons is the fact that Australia is home to high standard, globally recognized, world class institutions of higher learning. To add it, the environment, the climate and the people in Australia are quite friendly; comparatively, the citizens live a carefree and much more affordable lifestyle.
Are there Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia?
One of the best ways to study in a foreign country having a higher currency is through Scholarships. Even better are fully funded scholarships.
There are so many fully funded scholarships in Australia. Most of these scholarships cover full tuition fees, living costs, air tickets costs, etc
Some Popular Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
To help make your search easier. We have compiled a list of some of the commonly available fully funded Scholarships in Australia. These are just few of the many fully funded scholarships you can find in Australia.
Australia Awards Scholarships
The Australia Awards Scholarships programme is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is aimed contributing to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. It is a fully funded programme structured for a full-time masters study or a short course in selected Australian public institutions.
Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships
This scholarship is for Masters’ international students in Australia and it is fully funded. This means that it covers both tuition, travel and living costs. The value of this scholarship is AUD $30,000 for 21 months Masters’ degree and AUD $20,000 for 12 months Masters’ degree course.
Deakin University Scholarships
The Deakin University scholarship grants post graduate students a sum of $28,600 per year and some other additional costs for relocation and health insurance.
Charles Darwin University Scholarships
The Charles Darwin University offers scholarships for both undergraduates, Masters, PhD and training students. Some of these scholarships are fully funded while others will only cover 50% of tuition costs.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program
This scholarship was created for international students who want to go for their Masters‘ or PhD studies in Australia. The Rotary Peace fellowship is a fully funded scholarship that covers a lot of areas like the full tuition fees of its recipients, living costs, travelling cost, field study expenses, and so on. Here, students will be given a total sum of $40,000.
Swinburne International Excellence Scholarship
The Swinburne International Excellence Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that offers its recipients a sum of $2500 to cover course expenses. This scholarship is for both undergraduate and Masters‘ students.
Requirements to Get a Fully Funded Scholarship in Australia
If you really desire to have a fully funded scholarship in Australia then you must stand out in the midst of other applicants. There are certain requirements that you will have to possess before you can be considered for a scholarship in Australia, Below are some of the basic requirements;
- Good Academic Records: Since most scholarships are based on academic performance, you will always stand a better chance if you are able to present a very good academic records of your previous academic qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency: While some schools might easily give a waiver others a re bent on seeing a relevantly high score in English language proficiency tests to be sure of the student’s language ability.
- Recommendation letters: Most scholarships require that you have some recommendation letters from your school or supervisors/professors.
- Working experience: For most graduate scholarships, the awarding bodies would usually like to pick persons who already have some professional experience related to their chosen field of study. Previous internships or University student jobs related to your field of study are also appreciated.
- Your application: sending it an excellent application will of course increase your chances of getting a fully funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
If you have been applying to get funding for your education in times past without having any success, these tips will be of great help.
- The first step to take is to do intense research for the type of scholarships that will suit you. the goal here is to find as much scholarships as possible.
- The next step to take is to check your eligibility for these scholarships. The criteria are mostly based on academic records, your language proficiency scores, financial situation, your location or place of origin, and your course of study. Isolate the scholarships that you truly qualify for.
- You can go through a study agent. Ask for his/her advice about the types of scholarships to go for and the ones available in your choice institutions.
- Organize all documents and prepare an excellent scholarship application.
- Now, when you are done with preparing the documents and your application letters, do not submit immediately. Let others see it and point out possible corrections, I suggest you go for experts.
Also Check: How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships || Useful Tips
How to Increase your Chances of Getting Accepted for Scholarships in Australia
During scholarship application periods, you find a large amount of people applying with only a few of them being successful. To be among the selected few, you want to be sure that you adopt these useful tips;
- Apply on time. sometimes delay could be denial when it comes to scholarship applications
- Do a lot of research for the right scholarships.
- Don‘t apply for just one scholarship, apply for as much as you can.
- Some scholarships require that you are involved in the growth of your community. Therefore, you have to participate in community activities
- Apply for scholarships that you are eligible for.
- Have a thorough understanding of the application process before applying.
- Also apply for government assistance, part time jobs, student loans as back up plan.
These are the major steps you have to take to get a fully funded scholarship in Australia. Remember to remain optimistic and never give up on your study dream.