The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) is open to postgraduate students studying or wishing to study in Australia. The program avails both domestic and overseas students the opportunity for a fully funded postgraduate research study. Interested candidates are hereby invited to apply for the 2023/2024 opportunities.
On a calendar year basis successful students are given block grants through higher education providers (HEPs) to support their undertaking of research doctorate and research masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australia Government
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Australia
Scholarship Worth: 29,863 (2023 rate)
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters and Doctorate
Nationality: Domestic and Overseas students
The RTP is a single flexible pool of funding to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees.
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university to fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- An RTP Stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
Check Also: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students
Scholarship Eligibility Conditions:
The following eligibility conditions apply for the Postgraduate Research Training Program Grants and Scholarships in Australia
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for a RTP Fees Offset a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR
How-to-Apply: HEPs are responsible for the application and selection processes for RTP Scholarships. Prospective candidates need to contact their chosen HEP’s postgraduate research office directly to discuss how to apply. You can find list of eligible HEPs [Here]
Visit the Official Website for Further Details