The Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship program for foreign students, established in 1954, comprises 8 different categories. These include research students, (144,000・145000/month), teacher training students (143,000/month), undergraduate students (117,000/month), Japanese studies students (117,000/month), and others.
Nagasaki University Center for Japanese Studies and Student Exchange is pleased to announce the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program 2023/2024 to support international students coming to study in Japan.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Nagasaki University
Scholarship Worth: Varies (See benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Eligibility Criteria | Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship 2023/2024
The eligibility information for the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program will vary depending on your mode of application. There are three ways to apply for the scholarships: embassy recommendation, university recommendation, or domestic selection.
- Embassy recommendation: Every year, scholarship recipients are recruited by a Japanese embassy (or consulate general, depending on the country). Please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general for more details.
- University recommendation: Every year, Nagasaki University recruits graduate students from overseas and recommends the selected candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- Domestic selection: Privately financed foreign students (undergraduate and graduate) already enrolled in Nagasaki University are eligible for this scholarship. Every year, Nagasaki University recommends the selected candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. Please contact the Liaison Center for International Education office for more details as undergraduate students are not eligible in some cases.
- research students, (144,000・145000/month),
- teacher training students (143,000/month),
- undergraduate students (117,000/month),
- Japanese studies students (117,000/month),
- Scholarship awardees can also hold part time jobs.
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, start by applying to Nagasaki University to study in Japan. Please refer to this guide to submit your application.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Visit the Official Website for Further Details