Applications are hereby invited from outstanding and exceptional students for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students to study at the University of Manchester. Equity and Merit Scholarships are for academically excellent students who have the potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in their home countries.
The awards are intended for those who cannot afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and all applications are considered on their merit. We particularly encourage women to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Equity and Merit Scholarships for Master’s Students | DETAILS
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals set the direction toward a better, more sustainable future for all. Our Equity and Merit Scholarships aim to empower young professionals in the Global South to deliver solutions to meet these interlinked goals.
We offer two types of scholarship:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration).
- Part-time, distance learning master’s (three to five years duration).
There are 39 scholarships (29 for full-time study and ten for online study) available for a range of courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law. The scheme is open to applicants from Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses and visas.
To be eligible for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants to be a resident citizen of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe, and have not previously studied outside of Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- Applicants must be at least two years of professional experience related to your chosen field of study (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (you must have graduated before September 2021) with an overall excellent grade. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- Applicants to be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of your home country;
- Applicants must have a clear idea of how studying at Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
See Also: Global Futures Scholarship for International Students at University of Manchester
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students should please submit application online starting on 1 August 2023 for September 2024 entry.
We will be in touch with all applicants for 2023 entry as soon as we have completed shortlisting.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details