The 2023 application phase of Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program is now open. The Program empowers young, active global citizen leaders who are engaged for the SDGs and may otherwise not have access to valuable educational opportunities, networking experiences, and peer-to-peer exchange.
In 2023, the Ban Ki-moon Centre will select 15 young African global citizen leaders for the program who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular for SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Various/Virtual
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding
Number of Awards: 15 Scholarships
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students.
Eligibility Criteria | Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship 2023
- Must be a young and active African global citizen leaders between 20-35 years.
- Applicants must have completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, or been working towards a PhD OR within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
- Must demonstrate strong dedication to SDGs and the ideals of global citizenship.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they may otherwise not have access to such an opportunity.
- Applicants must be passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs)
- Applicants must be keen to learn more about entrepreneurship for sustainable development during an online summer school with MCI Innbruck.
- Applicants must provide proof of a minimum English level B2 (European Standards)
- Full cost coverage for summer school training with the University of Bordeaux and coverage of skills trainings with MCI as well as other expert workshops.
- A 500€ seed grant to support the implementation of an SDG Micro-Project to be distributed after the successful submission of a project proposal.
- Certificate of Achievement awarded after the successful completion of the SDG Micro-Project signed by Co-chairs of the Ban Ki-moon Centre.
- Alumni Network membership for scholars who successfully complete the program and earn their certificate.
- Further platforming of scholars and selected projects on RELX’s SDG Resource Centre, the BKMC website, social media, and international forums.
Also Apply: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program | Fully Funded
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit an online application and provide the following materials by the application deadline.
- Current CV, including date of birth and nationality
- Scan of passport or other formal ID
- Proof of academic titles and/or enrollment confirmation
- Letter of motivation (max 500 words, see specifications at official site)
- SDG Micro-Project pitch (max 500 words, see specifications at official site)
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023, 11 PM CET
Visit the Official Website for Further Details