There are lots of interesting scholarships available for women to study abroad and it is available for women in all areas of discipline and country. This article seeks to bring to bear the various International scholarships for women to study abroad that can be explored by women who are keen on advancing their educational career.
Over the years, there have been a global movement supporting the educational advancement of women in several disciplines ranging from science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) to finance and other disciplines. Women who are passionate about advancing their educational careers can be sure to take advantage of the various interesting scholarship offers that abound.
How to Search Scholarships for Women
There are several scholarships for women available, so interested applicants will have to look out for the ones that suits their discipline and location. Also consideration should be given to the eligibility criteria and descriptions of the scholarships you are looking to apply for.
Tips for Winning Scholarships for Women
There are several tips available on how to win International scholarships for women to study abroad. They range from the ability to select from a wide array of scholarship opportunities that best suits your career path to preparing a good resume and proposal to meet the standard of the awarding body. The following points should be considered when applying for top international scholarships for women:
- Start your application early: Winning a scholarship entails a lot of hard-work and dedication on the part of the applicant. You will need to sort out as many scholarships as possible that you are interested in and go through their eligibility criteria and requirements. Ensure that you prepare all the required documents in the preferred format of the funding body and start your application as soon as the application portal is open.
- Apply to many scholarships as possible: Ensure that you try out as many scholarship offer as possible even when you are being turned down. This is because there are a lot of competition for scholarship space from your peers. The more scholarships you apply for, the more likely you are to win one. Sending out many scholarship applications increases your chances of acquiring a scholarship funding. Applying for a scholarship is a skill that must be learnt if you are to land your dream scholarship.
- Ensure that you proposal and other essays are top-notch: Many scholarship funding bodies starts their screening right from your research proposal or personal statement. Therefore, it is important to write a proposal and personal statement that will say much about how you stand out from the rest and why they need to fund your research.
List of Scholarships for women
1. American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarships
AAUW has been one of the largest funders of women’s graduate education. They invest in women who go on to change the world by funding their studies in the United States of America. The American Association of University Women has awarded fellowships and grants to more than 260 women and community projects. Potential applicants can learn more on how to access the AAUW scholarships and fellowships funding opportunities. Click here to Read More and Apply
2. L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards
UNESCO and L’Oreal Corporate Foundation has been partnering to recognise women researchers who through the scope of their work, have contributed to overcoming today’s global challenges. The L’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards are presented every year to five outstanding women scientists – one from Africa and the Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America – in recognition of their scientific accomplishments. The scientific fields considered for the awards alternate every other year between LifeSciences (even years) and PhysicalSciences, Mathematics and Computer Science (odd years). This is one of the most exciting International scholarships for women to study abroad. Click here to Read More and Apply
3. Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Awards
The Schlumberger Foundation provides and actively support science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education for women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or postdoctoral study in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities abroad. The program’s long-term goal is to accelerate gender equality in STEM by generating conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers through alleviating some of the barriers they encounter when enrolling in STEM disciplines. Click here to Read More and Apply
4. FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
The Women in Finance Scholarship is aimed at encouraging and supporting talented women in the field of finance, particularly those pursuing careers in financial asset management, market risk management and derivatives finance within the capital markets. Every year, an award of US$20,000 is given to one eligible woman to help support graduate-level studies in Finance. The scholarships are offered to female citizens of all countries who are enrolled in a postgraduate program (Master’s or PhD) in Finance at an accredited university. Click here to Read More and Apply
5. Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG)
MMEG has been working to empower women from developing countries by supporting their education so that they can build a better world. Women from eligible countries, at least 25 years-old and enrolled in eligible universities as certificate, undergrad, grad, or postdoc students. MMEG is one of the few organizations that provides financial assistance to such women. Read More Here and Apply
- Johnson & Johnson Scholars Program for Women in Sciences and Engineering
- AAUW International Fellowships for Women to Study in the United States