The application round for academic year 2023-2024 will open on 1 November 2022. – If you are an international student and ready for the chance of a lifetime, then you need preparation to apply for the Holland Scholarship 2023. Applications for the 2023/24 Holland Scholarship is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students to study in Netherlands.
The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands. The scholarship (Netherlands Government Scholarship) is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science
Host Institution(s): Partner Institutions in Netherlands
Scholarship Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: € 5,000.
Study Level: Bachelor and Masters
Nationality: International Students worldwide
Holland Scholarships 2023-2024 | Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria: To apply for the Holland scholarships for non-European international students; you must meet the following criteria
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Participating research universities 2023-2024
Below is an overview of the Dutch research universities participating in the Holland Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. You can find the specific closing dates and the fields of study for this academic year on the website of the institution you want to apply to.
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
Participating universities of applied sciences 2023-2024
Below is an overview of the Dutch universities of applied sciences participating in the Holland Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (pdf, 400 kB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
The list of participating institutions for the 2023/24 academic session might not change as much.
- The scholarship amounts to € 5,000.
- You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
- Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship.
Recommended: Top 23 Fully Funded Scholarships in Netherlands for International Students
How-to-Apply: To start application for the Holland scholarships for non-European international students for this academic year, you can find the specific closing dates, application guide and the fields of study on the website of the institution you want to apply to (websites to the institutions available at the official website)
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is either 1 February 2023 or 1 May 2023.depending on the institution you are applying to.
More Details at Official Website