The British Council, European Union and ECOWAS welcomes application from suitably qualified candidates for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme for master’s degrees in sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa.
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists.
EU-ECOWAS Scholarships on Sustainable Energy 2023 | DETAILS
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarships 2023 seeks to encourage and promote access to quality training in the field of sustainable energy sector in West Africa which will enable university graduates with a focus on young professionals in ECOWAS member. Candidates interested in submitting their applications to the institutions in Senegal and Cape Verde are encouraged to join a FAQ session online for more information about the scholarship in their preferred institution.
To be considered for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarships on Sustainable Development, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division).
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university.
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage.
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval.
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme.
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme.
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarships on Sustainable Energy 2023 can apply online for relevant courses in Higher Education Institution(s) which have been opened to receive applications.
Application Deadline: 10th February 2023 at 18:00 WAT
Visit the Official Website for Further Details