KU Leuven is pleased to announce to exceptional scholars from institutions in the Global South to apply for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2023/24 aimed at supporting the ideal candidate to conduct 4 years of PhD research.
The scholarships are offered to excellent proposals that deal with a development-relevant research topic, preferably linked to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): KU Leuven
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): KU Leuven
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: International students
KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2023 | ELIGIBILITY
To be considered for the Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must citizens of one of the countries included in the list.
- The candidate’s latest master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2023.
- Research project must be of excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
- The research project must have a clear time frame indicating how the research periods at KU Leuven and at the home institution will alternate.
- The candidate must be formally affiliated to a university in the home country.
- Full tuition fee waiver
- 100% of net salary of an assistant (approx.. 2199 euro/month)
- Four return tickets in economy class.
- Belgian social security coverage
- Health, professional and accident insurance
- Supervision allowance
See Also: Belgium Government Masters and Training Programmes (ARES) Scholarships 2023
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2023 are to follow the 2-step application procedures. First the candidate should obtain admission to a doctoral or predoctoral programme. Secondly, once this admission has been obtained, the candidate can apply for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarship.
Applications are submitted using a digital application form.
- The candidate’s CV, utilising the Europass format
- The candidate’s bibliography, utilising this form
- The local co-promoter’s CV
- The research proposal (6 pages at the most)
- Motivation Letter
- Two recommendation letters by external, relevant referees.
Application Deadline: 29 April 2023.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details