The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2023/2024 academic session. Foreign students from eligible nationalities are invited to apply.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of selected institutions of higher education in Brunei Darussalam.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Higher educational institutions in Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Study Level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
ELIGIBILITY | Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships 2023/2024
The award is open to foreign nationals only, Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents are NOT eligible for this award. To be eligible, applicants must;
- Not exceed the age of 25, for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, and the age of 35, for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes, on the first day of July on the year when the course/programme starts.
- Be proficient in English with a Credit 6 at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the participating institutions’ websites as follows;
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to the country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship.
- How to Apply: To apply, please fill in the online Application Form at the following link – BDGS Application Form.
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through
- Documents to be uploaded in the application form (BDGS Application Form):
- -Recent passport size photograph.
- -Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- -Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- -Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- -References and recommendations from referees. (C1 & C2 Form)
Application Deadline: 15 February 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details