The Global Solutions Initiative currently invites applications from talented and motivated young entrepreneurs for Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards. The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by generating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
The Young Global Changers (YGC) are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
Award Sponsor(s): The Global Solutions Initiative, Germany
Host Institution(s): Young Global Changers (YGC)
Award Worth: £5,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Young Innovators & Entrepreneurs
Nationality: All nationalities
DETAILS | Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards
The Young Global Changers program brings together these young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change.
With the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards, they want to recognize and reward youth-led projects and initiatives from around the world which embody this recoupling-approach.
To be eligible for Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- Young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional or even on the global level.
- The project, business or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- The applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
These are the benefits for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards:
- Scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summit 2023
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- A chance to present your project in front of jury and an international audience
You May Like: The University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards for International Students 2022-23
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants should please follow these steps:
Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your project. There are no costs associated with the application. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling)
- Upload of the following documents: 1. CV, 2. project description, 3. photo of you, 4. short video (max. 5 min)
The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best 50 will be presented on our website, a minimum of 10 projects will be selected for the final round in Berlin.
The best initiatives among the finalists will be presented in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2023 on May 15/16 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is not able to attend the summit in Berlin in person.).
Applications Deadline: January 16, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details