TBSI Master and PhD Scholarships in China: Applications are invited from Master and PhD students for the Tsinghua – Berkeley School of Shenzhen Scholarships for International students to study in the university. Application is open to all non-Chinese students at Masters and PhD level.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) , Tsinghua University and Shenzhen Municipal Government,.
Scholarship Type: full sponsorship
Scholarship level: Scholarships are available to Masters and PhD studnets
Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee for PhD Program: 40,000 CNY/Year; Tuition fee for Master’s Program: 33,000 CNY/ Year; Application Fee: 800 CNY; Medical Insurance: 600 CNY/year; Accommodation on Tsinghua campus, Shenzhen: around 1,000CNY/month for single rooms
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships available for International students (Non-Chinese Students)
English Language Requirement: Evidence of English Language proficiency is required for candidates whose first language is not English.
TBSI Master and PhD Scholarships: Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) is mutually settled in 2014 by the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) and the Tsinghua University, with the full help of Shenzhen Municipal Government, on the activity of building an extension crosswise over controls, societies and nations, the scholarly community and industry, and an exceptional stage for worldwide coordinated effort, encouraging future business visionaries and pioneers in science and innovation.
The following criteria should be met by candidates applying for the TBSI Master and PhD Scholarships :
- Non-Chinese nationals, healthy;
- Apply for the full-time worldwide postgraduate program of Tsinghua University in 2018 (barring the joint preparing program), and be admitted to the school for affirmation;
- For Masters Degree Scholarships, candidates must possess good bachelors degree and should not be more than 35 years old while for PhD candidates should possess a masters degree and should not be more than 40 years of age by the time of this application.
- No different means (for instance, Chinese international safe havens and offices abroad) apply for Chinese government grants
- Have not been previously granted any scholarship at Tsinghua University.
Candidates for CGS through Tsinghua University should meet all the necessary requirements as follows:
- must be a resident of a nation other than the People’s Republic of China, and be healthy;
- have applied for 2018 full-time international graduate programs at Tsinghua University (except joint graduate programs) and have been pre-admitted by the target dept./school of Tsinghua University;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- have not applied for CGS through other channels (for example, through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country);
- Candidates are not currently or previously offered other kinds of scholarships for study at Tsinghua University.
Steps-to-Apply: To apply for TBSI Master and PhD Scholarships, candidates should follow the steps below
- Candidates should visit university admission site to
- Create an account and complete the application form;
- Upload the required supporting documents;
- Pay the application fee online at the time of submission
You can only be given scholarship after you have applied for admission
You may be required to submit the accompanying supporting reports to the online application framework.
If you don’t mind express your Grade Point Average in undergraduate study and Master ponder (if relevant) in your CV.
All candidates ought to present an individual articulation. Doctoral qualification program candidates additionally need to present a concise presentation of their examination encounter.
Graduate degree program candidates ought to present a four year university education certificate.
Doctoral qualification program candidates ought to submit both masters and four year university education certificates.
Graduate degree program candidates ought to present the scholastic transcript of undergraduate degree qualification.
Doctoral qualification program candidates ought to submit scholarly transcripts of both undergraduate and master’s degree.
HSK declaration and score report (if appropriate)
Two recommendation letters from reputable academia having a title of associate professor and above
International ID individual data page
Application Deadline: Closed
Visit the Official Website for Further Details