Application is now open for the new Heriot-Watt – Velesto Petroleum Engineering Scholarship which is part of Queen Elizabeth Scholarships. The new scholarship opportunity is targeted at brilliant students from the international communities who have interest pursuing their degree in petroleum engineering.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University, Engineering Institute and Queen Elizabeth Foundation.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship up to 100% Sponsorship
Scholarship level: Undergraduates and Postgraduates leading to B. Eng and M. Eng
Study Subject: Scholarship award is targeted at those in the field of Petroleum Engineering.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Selection Criteria: Candidates with offer of admission (candidates are encouraged to apply for admission in engineering discipline)
About The University
The Heriot-Watt, being one of the leading research-based university and among the very first educationally high standard schools around the world, was established in 1821. Since its establishment, the university has so far gained a rich heritage and a high reputation in all its many faculties and targeted research areas. Through its Institute of Petroleum Engineering which began back in 1974, the Heriot-Watt University has contributed towards the headway of Petroleum Engineering and has been able to produce high level of graduates being sought after in relevant industry through its research based and consultational teachings and developments. These commitments have empowered the establishment to get the renowned Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2015.
About the Scholarship:
The Petroleum Engineering Scholarship is a scholarship program made available to undergraduates and masters students in petroleum engineering, both intended and existing students of the university with scholastic aftereffects of no less than 2As and 1B in important subjects in their A-Levels with a solid enthusiasm to seek after Engineering. Application will be evaluated in light of the candidate’s scholastic accomplishments, inclusion in additional curricular exercises and positions of authority. Candidates will likewise need to incorporate an individual explanation (of 500 words) expressing:
- Their interest in the Engineering field as a choice study area and why they are choosing such field of study
- Goals and future career aspirations
Steps to Apply:
- First make sure to register for the Engineering Degree Program at Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia. Details of application for admission is available at the university website where you can refer to by using links provided.
- Next is to complete the scholarship application form. You can download it online.
- Details of academic qualification in case of masters students) and extracurricular activities should be included.
- A 500-word personal aspiration statement which expresses your goal for studying petroleum engineering or any related engineering field should also be included.
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the selection interview.
Visit the Official Webpage for Further Details